Audiophile AirGap isolation is a technique using Air to insulate an audio cable. This technique is becoming well known in the industry and used by leading audio cable manufacturing companies. And, the system works, giving a significant performance increase in all areas.
Audio cable Insulation is necessary to reduce the adverse effects of external frequencies and vibrations. The Audiophile AirGap insulation has 720 pockets of Air per square inch of material. These pockets of Air are ‘trapped’ in the content which runs the length of the cable. There are 17,280 pockets of ‘trapped’ air over a two-meter distance. And, a cable, covered with one, two or three levels of this insulation material.
Power cord Audiophile AirGap isolation
A two-meter power cord is a good example. As widely used in the audiophile industry and an excellent example to demonstrate.
You are able to see the layers that make up the cables and also the insulation around the center conductors.
- The first level of isolation the power cord has 17,280 pockets of ‘trapped’ air.
- If a second level is applied, there will be 34,560 pockets of ‘trapped’ Air.
- If a third level is applied, there will be 51,840 trapped pockets of Air.
A Perkune audiophile power cord has a diameter of 9.00 mm. After the third level of isolation, the power cord diameter has increased to 15.00 mm, which is an increase of 40%. But, the cable is flexible and easy to work.
The picture shows a white power cord running from left to right. Over the power cord is a layer of black material (CanuFlex PE-HB). This material has a beautiful mesh and used to trap the pockets of air.
- The CanuFlex PE-HB covered with a green coloured sheathing material (DeRay-PBFSP) and, slowly heated to a predetermined temperature. As the DeRay-PBSFB contracts, the air trapped in its pockets and forms insulation around the cable.
- The first layer of insulation has formed. And if the process repeated a second layer of insulation will be added to the cable. The process can happen, and the third layer of insulation will add around the cable.
- The ‘AirGap’ isolation process makes an audio cable perform better because the cable is isolated from external vibration and interference – read more.
A power cord is an inexpensive upgrade and a good example. The ‘AirGap’ isolation process applied to Loudspeaker, Interconnect, DAC, Turntable or any cable where isolation is required. Audiophile AirGap isolation works!
I have excellent feedback from colleagues and customers. And, inspired, to improve my cables, with ‘AirGap’ isolation technique. A person can hear more of the musical presentation. And, this is, what I wanted to hear. Audiophile AirGap isolation works!
If you have enjoyed ‘Audiophile AirGap isolation’, please share with friends – thank you.
Perkune – Best Audiophile Cables Online