Transparent Interconnect review. For the third time, I have been describing cables from Perkune Audiophile Cables, run by Mr Paul Goodwin. First, interconnects and then a line of “Pro” series cables. After which, speaker cables with a length of 3 meters. And, now, testing the Audiophile cable standard interconnect.
It is not a coincidence that I am informing about the length of the loudspeaker cables. Which, just 3-meter sections. For such a distance (or possibly 4 meters) Mr Paul Goodwin considers optimal for speaker cables. Three or four-meter parts are best. In turn, interconnects, according to Paul, should have no more, no less than two meters in length.
He empirically tests it during numerous auditions, comparisons, etc. Such lengths recommended by the well-known cable company ‘Nordost’. Therefore, there is nothing else but to accept these assumptions are correct and beneficial for the sound of the system. transparent Interconnect review
Paul Goodwin says his cables represent a high professional level and sound advancement that no better is needed. In other words, the audio wires produced by Perkune can emphasise the sound of even the most expensive systems optimally. Because they are so selected and constructed that almost every tune will fit in and complement each other perfectly. A bold thesis, but probably not unfounded. Transparent Interconnect review
Paul writes on his website like that: “There are many cable companies that manufacture and sell audiophile cables. Everyone says their cables are the best. Why should you think my cables are different? I believe in what I do, and that’s why I succeed. When someone tries my cables, they love the sound.
A Transparent Interconnect. General feelings and construction are excellent—each cable wrapped in a plain dark green PVC shirt. At the ends (about 10 cm) of the interconnect are split. And, covered with a black or green T-shirt, just like the gripping parts of the plugs. The plugs come from a reputable manufacturer – from Neutrik.
In the middle of the interconnect, a sticker with the inscription “Perkune” placed. The cables are made robust and aesthetically. It seems that they will be able to conduct electricity for life. There is nothing more to describe because the anatomy of the cable is not revealed by the constructor for the Audiophile interconnect.
I used the Audiophile cable standard interconnect mainly as a combination of the Musical Fidelity MX-DAC converter. With test amplifiers (Audia Flight FL Three S, Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary, Pathos Classic MK III. And Hegel H160) or as a combination of Trilogy 906 and Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL preamplifiers. With the same amplifiers. A full list of accompanying equipment is available at the end of this text.
Perkune is characterised above all by a highly open, pleasantly neutral sound with a fluid and light consistency. Clad in rhythm and full tonal control. The entire message is stable, uniform and coherent. And can be written – laminar, that is, it flows in parallel layers. Advanced sound ordering has a positive effect on the proper presentation of spatial phenomena such as precise, extensive and reliable focusing of apparent sources. Their physical tangibility, detailing, and visibility. transparent Interconnect review
The guide shows the complex timbre of the instruments without any problems. You can feel the complement of the background, the concentration of the total substance, And, the opening to the nuances, etc. It’s a clean and clear sound saturated with details. Complemented by reverbs and depth. It is worth noting that the Lithuanian interconnect opens the sound. And, allows it to sound full-breasted, without disturbances and with potential. transparent Interconnect review
It is a catalyst for natural sound. And, operating with the senses, managing feelings. The diameter is dense but communicative, direct and natural. The sound of the instruments precisely punched out of the background. For example, the piano playing on the knowledge of the orchestra plays vividly and tangibly. Strong and clear. In turn, the top range is not only retail but also juicy, even vivid. Temperamental and rich, but arranged – suggestive, but not attacking with sharpness.
I do not know if just a two-meter interconnect (as recommended by the constructor) sounds better than one-meter. Because I did not have other lengths for comparison. But what I propose in terms of sound is at least favourable. Clear and transparent without colouration. And, heading straight towards the high-end. I recommend you listen to Perkune cables, because for many audiophiles it may be the end of the search for optimal sound. I will write – perfect!
- Amplifiers: Hegel H160, Pathos Classic One MKIII, Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary, Audia Flight FL Three S, Cayin CS-55 A and Dayens Ecstasy III.
- Columns: Avcon Avalanche Reference Monitor, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ, Audiovector Ki 3 Super, AudioSolutions Overture O203F, Zingali Zero Bookshelf, Guru Audio Junior and Cabasse Surf. Digital sources: Musical Fidelity A1 CD-PRO, Musical Fidelity MX-DAC and NuForce Air DAC.
- Computers: MacBook Apple Pro, Asus Pro P43E and Toshiba Satellite S75. Turntables: Clearaudio Emotion with Goldring Legacy and Nottingham Analogue Horizon with Ortofon 2M Black.
- Phono preamplifiers: EFI Phono, Primare R32, Musical Fidelity MX-VYN, Trilogy 906 and Ri-Audio PH-1.
- Tuners: Rotel RT-1080, Yamaha T-550 and Sansui TU-5900. Cassette recorder: Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1. Mini system: Pioneer P1-K. Headphones: RHA MA750, Audeze LCD-3, Meze 99 Classics, Final Audio Design Adagio V, Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI, Oppo PM- 3 and AKG K545.
- Headphone amplifiers: Audeze Deckard, Cayin C5 DAC, Taga Harmony THDA-500T. Divaldi AMP-01 and Olasonic Nano-UA1. Wiring: Audiomica Laboratory series Red and Gray, DC-Components and Harmonix CI-230 Mark II (TU test).
- Power cords KB. Power cable, speaker cables and RCA Perkune Audiophile Cables interconnects. Speaker cables Cardas 101 Speaker, Melodika Brown Sugar BSC 2450 and Taga Harmony Platinium-18. XLPL UltraPLUS series.
- Accessories: the base under the turntable is Rogoz-Audio 3SG40, Rogoz-Audio 4QB80 speaker base, Rogoz-Audio BW40 anti-vibration feet, Solid-Tech Radius Duo 3 audio cabinet (TU test) and Harmonix TU gramophone mat -800EXi. RCA Sevenrods plugs. Seven rods Speaker Jumper.
Author of review ~ Ludwig Hegel – StereoI Kolorowo – Underground (Poland)
If you have enjoyed ‘Transparent Interconnect review’, please share with friends – thank you.
Perkune – Best budget Audiophile cables