Audiophile Intro Surprise cable. And, this has happened to me? I am in Hi-fi for more than 45 years! And now, this simple cable made my seven Hi-fi systems sound better than ever! Unbelievable!
First impressions Audiophile Intro Surprise cable review
I was enthusiastic about the new sound, however, as an electronic engineer, I had no valid explanation about why this cable influences the sound so very persuasively. I performed some basic computer-based electro-acoustic measurements and various listening tests. Here is a short summary report:
I performed Fifty-four short listening tests according to the planning matrix below:
- Cables: Perkune ‘Surprise’ cable, Van Den Hul cable, Conrad (No Name) cable
- Amplifiers: Naim NAP 110 solid-state, and Cayin Spark 530 tube)
- Loudspeakers: Tannoy 3LS, Klipsch Cornwall, Spendor BC3, Spendor BC1, Rogers Ls3/5a, Linn Sara, Cabasse Dinghy 221, Cabasse Escadre, Klein&Hummel TX-2.
- Perkune ‘Surprise’ cable: 10/10 (my new reference): rich, detailed, wide, lifelike, clear, clean, present, outstanding, fine, exciting, punch, quick, sharp, soft, natural.
- Van den Hul cable: 6/10 neutral, good, nice, fine, rich, full, O.K., correct.
- Conrad (no-name) cable: 3/10 O.K., good, plain, average, not bad, slow, mellow, normal, boring, nothing special. Audiophile Intro Surprise cable review
The differences are clear. More sound stage, music seems to flow out of the loudspeakers so easily. When I listened to the “Jazz at the Pawnshop” (Klipsch Cornwall, Tannoys), closed my eyes, and turned back from the loudspeakers, I questioned myself: »Am I in the club, or is it a club in my room?”. Amazing!
Results Audiophile Intro Surprise cable review
The Perkune ‘Surprise’ cable, gave the best results. Score 10/10 sets this cable as my new cable reference. All loudspeakers sound significantly better with the Perkune ‘Surprise’ cable.
The Perkune ‘Surprise’ cable is a passive element, no doubt about that. However, comparing to some other cables it seems to work like an “active device”, like some kind of a “voice stimulator” … it acts like a “morning coffee” … After 150 hours the sound is just pure bliss – vocals are so rich, details are amazing, and I hear details that I never heard before!
At the moment I STILL HAVE NO VALID OBJECTIVE EXPLANATION about why this cable sounds so good. However, I believe that the answers should be hidden, and researched within the following table properties:
- MECHANICAL (material-purity, structure, silver-copper combination),
- ELECTRICAL (phase-coherent signal propagation, conductance, low distortion), and
- MAGNETIC (magnetic material polarisation).
The Perkune ‘Surprise’ cable immediately proved it was not a “Mickey Mouse” cable but was a real Hi-end, very serious and very affordable cable.