I have spent years working with sound and everything I say works.
And so, I have written the Sound improvement for your system blog. But, as with everything, you must try for yourself. I have found from experience the following items and am happy to share my experiences with you. Information on Anti-static.
The first thing to do is check is that all your power cables are in the right way, which is very easy to do. Use an electricians screwdriver (shown above) and make sure all your power cords are the correct way – the power to the right in this example on the IEC. And you need to have all your power cables set in the same direction.
Media player – Sound growth for the system
- For better sound fit three spikes underneath the player.
Your computer or Laptop –
- fit three spikes underneath your Laptop.
Your CD –
- Have your CD cut with a CD lathe. Works great, and the difference quickly heard.
- Spray your CD (label side only) with Antistatic fluid and let it dry naturally.
- When you buy a CD, always look for a Gold pressed CD version.
Your LP –
- always buy the most massive version you can.
- Make sure you find the cutting angle that suits your stylus. The EU and US have different aspects.
Your Turntable – Sound improvements for your system
- Always use a spirit level to ensure it is level before you do your set up. And best to place the spirit level on the LP.
- Remove the stock power cord that comes with the turntable and change with a suitable quality Power cord.
- Place Three spikes under your turntable, And, you get a marked improvement in the performance heard.
Amplifier – Sound improvement for audio
- Remove the stock power cord that comes with the amplifier and change with a suitable quality Power cord. A simple step but will give you a sound improvement.
- Place your amplifier on Three spikes. There are different grades, but the basic is good enough for you to hear the sound improvement, and you can always upgrade.
- Remove the stock power cord that comes with the CD player and change with a suitable quality Power cord.
- Put your CD player on Three spikes. There are different grade, but the basic is good enough for you to hear the sound improvement.
- Lightly Spray your CD player and all your cables with Antistatic fluid every month.
Every Interconnect and every loudspeaker cable has a right and wrong way. Each audio cable should have a direction of flow which is from source to amplifier and from amplifier to Loudspeaker. If you remove any of the audio wires then mark them up, so they go back the same way.
- Place your Loudspeaker on spikes. Very important they have to be reversed (small end up and the large end to the floor)
- Use a spirit level to make sure your Loudspeaker is level in every direction, and there is a minimum of 6″ from any wall service. The Loudspeaker cable should be a minimum of three meters in length and kept off the floor with small wooden blocks.
- Every month remove the loudspeaker cable and wipe the end connections with a soft cloth. After refitting, spray lightly with Antistatic fluid (cables only and not the contact points).
There is also another new item from Nordost called a ‘Sort Kone’ and placed under any article. The Amplifier, CD player or DAC and gives more clarity, detail and also blacker background. And, meant for sound improvement, and I have tried but heard no differences.
- A great tool is an Antistatic gun. And, all you do, is a point and squeeze at every component. Do this every month (including speakers).
- To improve your system sound, send all your cables for Cryogenic cable treatment. Best upgrade that you can get because the results speak for themselves
- If you hate the crackle from your turntable, you can run it wet as I used to in the good old days and very easy to do. Set up a drip (just the same as in the hospital) and fit a tiny bore tube, so the drip leaves a film or water on the LP and then play it.
Listening Sound improvements for your system
Some people have ears that lie flat against their heads. And do not even realise just what they are missing from the music, especially in the upper frequencies.
Put your hands behind your ears and then pull them outwards and you will hear more. Never listen to your friend’s opinion as his ears are not the same as yours. And maybe he will not hear the sound improvement that you do. Very basic, but true!
If you have enjoyed ‘Sound improvement for your system’, please share – thank you.
Perkune – Best budget Audiophile Cables