“For many audiophiles, this may be on the end of the search for the optimal sound” This was the end quote by Ludwig Hegel. And, I want to thank him for this fantastic review.
This is actually the third cable, I have tested from the Lithuanian manufacturer, Perkune Audiophile Cables. Owned by Mr Paul Goodwin and I hope you find this review interesting and informative.
Paul Goodwin emphasizes that the cables represent such a high level of technical sophistication to the sound, a more expensive cable is not needed. In other words, the cables produced by Perkune are able to optimally bring, show and highlight tones, with even the most expensive hi-fi, for they are selected and built, it will fit perfectly and complement almost any sound. Brave thesis, but probably not without foundation, as the Lithuanian cables can be found in many interesting configurations.
Paul writes on his website:
“There are many cable companies, who produce and sell audiophile cables. Everyone says that their cables are the best, so why should you believe that my cables are different. That’s what really annoys me in audio, a huge amount of money that ignorant people are willing to pay for the so-called. cables “high-end” in order just to gain only a slight increase in sound quality. And cable “high-end” can cost more than the hardware on which it is used. I decided to create a cable that will offer performance at the highest level of sound quality, but at a lower price. My goal was to introduce such cables on the market “
The two cables are wrapped common dark green shirt with PVC, only the ends (about 10 cm) interconnect are split and covered with black or green T-shirt, as part of the gripping pins. Plugs come to a reputable manufacturer – from Neutrik with Liechtenstein. In a central location (the centre) interconnect placed a sticker that says “Perkune” and indicating directional cable. The cables are solidly and aesthetically. It seems that they will be able to conduct electricity for life. More there is nothing to describe because the anatomy of the cable is not disclosed by the manufacturer. It is only known that the source of the conductor is the Italian factory Tasker Cables.
Conductors : OFC copper, Insulation: Polyethylene, Screen : Twisted OFC, Outer sheath : PVC, Cable diameter of 2 x 0.25 M ( 23 AWG ), Conductors : 8 x 0.2 mm, Cable diameter : 6.0 mm, Resistance: 0.075 Ohm / meter, Capacity : 55 pF / meter, Certificate: CEI 20-22 / II ° , RoSH 2002/95 / EC , 2011/65 / EU.
The test system
- Amplifiers: Hegel H160, Pathos Classic One MKIII, Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary, Audia Flight FL Three S
- Speakers: AVCON Avalanche Reference Monitor, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ, Audiovector Ki 3 Super AudioSolutions Overture O203F, Zing Zero Bookshelf, Guru Audio Junior, and Cabasse Surf.
- Digital sources: CD Musical Fidelity A1 CD PRO, Musical Fidelity MX-DAC, and NuForce Air DAC.
- Computers: Apple MacBook Pro, Asus Pro P43E, and Toshiba Satellite S75.
- Turntables: Clearaudio Emotion inserts Goldring Legacy and Nottingham Analogue Horizon with Ortofon 2M Black.
- Phono preamps: iFi Phono, Primare R32, Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL, Trilogy 906, and Ri-Audio PH-1 (test HERE).
- Tuners: Rotel RT-1080, Yamaha T-550, and Sansui TU-5900.
- Cassette: Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1.
- Headphones: RHA MA750, Audeze LCD-3, Meze 99 Classics, Final Audio Design Adagio V, Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI, Oppo PM- 3 and AKG K545.
- Headphone Amplifiers: Audeze Deckard (test HERE), CAYIN C5 DAC, Taga Harmony THDA-500T, Vivaldi AMP-01, and Olasonic Nano-UA1.
- Cabling: Audiomica Laboratory series Red and Gray, DC-Components, and Harmonix CI-230 Mark II. The power cord KBL Sound Fluid. Power cable, speaker cables and interconnects Perkuna RCA Audiophile Cables. Speaker cables Speaker Cardas 101, Melodica Brown Sugar BSC 2450, and Taga Harmony Platinum-18. Series XLO Ultra.
- Accessories: base of the turntable is Rogoz-Audio 3SG40, the base speaker Rogoz-Audio 4QB80, foot vibration Rogoz-Audio bw40, cabinet audio Solid-Tech Radius Duo 3, and mat gramophone Harmonix TU -800EXi. Plugs RCA jacks Seven rods. Jumpers Seven rods Speaker Jumper.
The Interconnect I used was mainly as a combination of DAC Musical Fidelity MX – DAC amplifiers test ( Audia Flight FL Three S, Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary, Pathos Classic One MKIII and Hegel H160 ), or as a combination of phono Trilogy 906 and Musical Fidelity MX – VYNL with the same amplifiers. A full list of associated equipment is available at the end of this text.
Perkune interconnects characterized as primarily highly transparent, pleasantly neutral sound with a smooth and light texture dressed in rhythm and tonal control. The whole message is stable, balanced and coherent, you can write – laminar, which kind of flows in parallel layers, with no interference between them. Advanced sound effect on the proper portraying spatial phenomena as precision and wide stereophony and reliable focus virtual sources – their physical tangibility, clarifying, visibility.
Guide without problems shows a complex resonance of instruments, it emphasizes the contours of the sound, filling single and serial tones. Is felt complement the background density of the substance tone, opening the nuances, etc. It is clean and clear sound saturated with detail, complete with reverb and depth. It is worth noting that the Lithuanian interconnect opens the sound allow to sound full breast and breathe freely without interference and with full potential. It is a catalyst sound natural and at the same time emotional – operating with the senses, the manager of the feelings.
Another strong point is that Perkune interconnects are optimally expressed midrange. The diameter is thick but is communicative, directly and naturally. The sound of the instruments of the band so that it is precisely punched from the background – for example, piano against orchestra playing visually and tangibly vividly and colourfully. Firmly and clearly. In turn, the treble is not only detail but also juicy, almost alive. Temperamental and rich, but ordered – suggestive, but do not attack sharpness.
I do not know if the interconnect from Perkune Audiophile Cables with the length of 2 meters is just better than three or five feet ( because I had no other lengths for comparison) but it is what is proposed in terms of sound is the most favourable. It’s a very clean and transparent sound without colouration and tinges – clear and resonant thereby pointing straight toward the high-end. I recommend listening to these Perkune interconnects because for many audiophiles this may be at the end of the search for the optimal sound and I will write – perfect!
Price in Europe – 284 EUR (including delivery) or about 1 200 PLN on day of the test.
Author of Review: Ludwig Hegel – Stereo I Kolorowo
If you have enjoyed reading this review, please share with friends – thank you.
Perkune – Best Audiophile Cables Online