Audiophile cable interconnects review. For the third time, I have been describing the audio cables of the Lithuanian manufacture Perkune Audiophile Cables, run by Mr Paul Goodwin. First, the interconnects, a line of “Pro” series. And second, the speaker cables with a length of three-meters.
It is not a coincidence that I am informing about the length of the loudspeaker cables, that these are just three-meters. For such a distance (or possibly 4 meters) Mr Paul Goodwin considers optimal for speaker cables. And, in turn, interconnects, according to Paul, should be no less than two meters.
He empirically tests it during numerous auditions, comparisons, etc. The well-known Nordost cable company also recommends such lengths. Therefore, nothing else but to accept these assumptions as correct and beneficial for the sound of the hi-fi system.
Paul Goodwin states that his cables represent such a high technical level and sound advancement that no others are needed. In other words, the audio wires produced by Perkune can optimally extract, and emphasise the sound the most expensive hi-fi systems.
Because they are so selected and constructed that almost every tune will fit in and complement each other perfectly. A bold thesis, but probably not unfounded, because Lithuanian cables can find in many unusual hardware configurations.
Paul writes on his website: “There are many cable companies that manufacture and sell audiophile cables. Everyone says their cables are the best, so why should you think my cables are different? I believe in what I do, and that’s why I succeed. When someone tries my cables, they love the sound!
General impressions and construction I have already written that the RCA Perkune Audiophile Cables is two meters. Both cables, wrapped in a standard dark green PVC shirt, only the ends (about 10 cm) of the interconnect split. And they were covered with a black or green T-shirt, just like the gripping parts of the plugs. The plugs come from a reputable manufacturer – from Neutrik from Lichtenstein.
In the centre (i.e. in the middle) of the interconnect a sticker with the inscription “Perkune” has been placed. And the directionality of the conductor has been marked. The cables are made robust and aesthetically. It seems that they will be able to conduct electricity for life. There is nothing more to describe because the constructor does not reveal the anatomy of the cable for the Audiophile cable standard series interconnect.
I used the Audiophile cable standard series interconnect mainly as a combination of the Musical Fidelity MX-DAC converter. With test amplifiers (Audia Flight FL Three S, Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary, Pathos Classic MKIII and Hegel H160). Also as a combination of Trilogy 906 and Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL preamplifiers. With the same amplifiers. A full list of accompanying equipment is available at the end of this text.
Perkune cables characterised by a highly transparent, pleasantly neutral sound. I am having a fluid and light consistency clad in rhythm and full tonal control. The entire message is stable, uniform and coherent. It is laminar, that is, it flows in parallel layers, without interference.
It’s a clean and clear sound saturated with details, complemented by Reverbs. It is worth noting the Lithuanian interconnect opens the sound. Allowing it to sound full breast, breathe freely, without disturbances and with full potential. Audiophile cable st
It is a catalyst for natural sound and at the same time, emotional. Operating with the senses, managing feelings. The next substantial point of Perkune expressed mid-tones. The diameter is dense but communicative, direct and natural.
The sound of the instruments thanks to this, precisely punched out of the background. Piano playing in the origin of the orchestra plays vividly, tangibly, and colourfully. In turn, the top range is not only retail but also juicy, even vivid. Temperamental and rich, but arranged, suggestive, but not attacking with sharpness.
I am pleased to share this Audiophile cable standard series interconnect review but do not know if just a 2-meter Perkune interconnects better than one-meter. I did not have other lengths for comparison. But what I propose in terms of sound is at least favourable.
The sound is clear and transparent, without colouration and colouring. It is bright and resonant and heading towards the high-end. I recommend that you listen to the Perkune cable. Because for many audiophiles it may be the end of the search for the best sound!
- Amplifiers: Hegel H160, Pathos Classic One MKIII, Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary, Audia Flight FL Three S, Cayin CS-55 A and Dayens Ecstasy III.
- Columns: Avcon Avalanche Reference Monitor, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ, Audiovector Ki 3 Super, AudioSolutions Overture O203F, Zingali Zero Bookshelf, Guru Audio Junior and Cabasse Surf.
- Digital sources: Musical Fidelity A1 CD-PRO, Musical Fidelity MX-DAC (test TU) and NuForce Air DAC (test TU). Computers: MacBook Apple Pro, Asus Pro P43E and Toshiba Satellite S75. Turntables: Clearaudio Emotion with Goldring Legacy (test TU) and Nottingham Analogue Horizon with Ortofon 2M Black.
- Phono preamplifiers: Phono Primare R32, Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL, Trilogy 906 and Ri-Audio PH-1 (TU test). Tuners: Rotel RT-1080, Yamaha T-550 and Sansui TU-5900.
- Cassette recorder: Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1. Mini system: Pioneer P1-K (test TU). Headphones: RHA MA750 (test TU), Audeze LCD-3 (test TU), Meze 99 Classics (test TU), Final Audio Design Adagio V (test TU), Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (test TU), Oppo PM- 3 (TU test) and AKG K545 (TU test).
- Headphone amplifiers: Audeze Deckard (TU test), Cayin C5 DAC (TU test), Taga Harmony THDA-500T (TU test), Divaldi AMP-01 (TU test) and Olasonic Nano-UA1 (TU test). Wiring: Audiomica Laboratory series Red and Gray, DC-Components (TU test) and Harmonix CI-230 Mark II (TU test). KBL
- Cables: Sound Fluid power cord. Power cable, speaker cables and RCA Perkune Audiophile Cables interconnects. Speaker cables Cardas 101. Melodika Brown Sugar BSC 2450 and Taga Harmony Platinum-18. XLPL Ultra PLUS series.
- Accessories: the base under the turntable is Rogoz-Audio 3SG40, Rogoz-Audio 4QB80 speaker base, Rogoz-Audio BW40 anti-vibration feet, Solid-Tech Radius Duo 3 audio cabinet and Harmonix TU gramophone mat-800EXi. RCA Seven-rods plugs. Seven-rods, speaker Jumper.
Author of review ~ Ludwig Hegel – StereoI Kolorowo – Underground (Poland)
If you have enjoyed ‘Audiophile cable interconnects review, please share – thank you.
Perkune – Best Audiophile Cables Online.